Friday 4 July 2014

York, England

York is rich in ancient history, romantic ambience and fun activities as it is renowned for its exquisite architecture, tangle of quantity cobbled streets, iconic York Minster and wealth of Visitor attractions. York is only two hours by train from London and would have to be my favourite city outside of London. In hindsight I wish I had spent two or three nights in York rather than just the one night as there was so much to do and see. Although The Tour de France Grand Depart starts on the 6th of July in York so I am glad I missed the chaos of 180,000extra visitors. 

York is the kind of place that makes you wish that the Industrial Revolution never happened, as it reminds us of a world before the machines. York is enclosed by an historic 13th century wall that has carefully maintained heir to its heritage. I enjoyed wondering down the narrow streets of York, drinking coffee in the chic cafes along the tree-lined river as well as some quick shopping. 

                                               York Castle at 11pm at night





No comments:

Post a Comment